About This Program
*Must be Unite Here Local 75 Member to participate*
*Must use PC or Mac computer to participate, no tablet or mobile device*
This two-week course will help you build the confidence and skills required to navigate the basics of how to use a computer. Use these skills to apply for a job, or to help your children or grandchildren with their homework - Join us!
What you can expect to learn:
- How to use the keyboard and mouse
- How to navigate the internet and computer programs with confidence
- How to search for information online
- How to use email: how to write, respond to, forward, and delete an email; how to attach files.
- How to create a strong password and protect yourself online
- How to use the internet to translate text, watch videos, look up directions and much more
- How to type a basic letter using Google Docs
- How to create a basic resume
- How to look at and apply for jobs on indeed
- How to use and troubleshoot issues with your device
- Other tips and tricks
Course Duration: 2 weeks
Days: Monday to Friday
Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Session Duration: 2 Hours
Location: Online Training
How to Sign Up
Attend an information session to learn more about getting back to work and skills upgrading.
To Be Announced
Please note that the dates and times are subject to change and/or may be postponed if the minimum number of registrations are not met.