About This Program
*Must be Unite Here Local 75 Member to participate*
*Must use PC or Mac computer to participate, no tablet or mobile device*
*Must attend every day to receive tablet or honorarium*
This two-week course will help you build the confidence and skills required to navigate the basics of how to use a computer. Use these skills to apply for a job, or to help your children or grandchildren with their homework - Join us!
What you can expect to learn:
- How to use and troubleshoot issues with your device
- How to navigate the internet and computer programs with confidence
- How to use the keyboard and mouse
- How to use basic MS Word (e.g. use formatting functions to write a letter)
- How to use Google Docs
- How to download applications
- How to use web-based forms: e.g. renewing a driver’s license, online banking
- How to search for information online
- How to look at and apply for jobs on indeed & create a LinkedIn profile
- How to use email: how to write, respond to, forward, and delete an email; how to share and attach files.
Participants that complete all 20 hours and course assignments are *eligible to receive a tablet or $200 honorarium.
*Eligibility is at the sole discretion of HTA75. Honorariums are offered as a one-time incentive only. Participants who have received an honorarium or tablet from another HTA75 training are not eligible a second time.
Course Duration: 2 weeks
Days: Monday to Friday
Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Session Duration: 2 Hours
Location: Online Training
How to Sign Up
Attend an information session to learn more about getting back to work and skills upgrading.
November 9, 2020 through to November 20, 2020