About This Course
Part 1: Goals and Action Planning
- Do you know how you would like to use your skills and talents at work?
- Why you want it?
- What are your unique qualities that will make you successful in your next job?
Knowing the answers to these questions makes getting your goal 100% easier and more enjoyable!
This program is for those who are exploring new employment options, but do not know exactly what they want to do next for work.
In this program you will:
- Explore your employment and career interests and goals.
- Reflect on and re-discover your specific skills, talents (superpowers) and experience you will be bringing to your next job.
- Identify specific jobs and / or training pathways that you would like to pursue.
- Complete your own research about jobs or training pathways.
- Get ready to put your plan into action and start your job search!
Part 2: Job Search Boot Camp
Do you know exactly what you want to do, but just don’t know where to start to land your next job?
Looking for a job can be intimidating and daunting. Sending out resumes and not getting a response, not knowing where exactly to look?
And then when you get an interview, feeling nervous and unsure of the best way to present yourself.
This program is for those who know exactly what job you want, know enough about the job to say confidently that this job is for you, but feel unsure and unprepared in interviews and the job search process.
This program is about getting you ready to meet with employers, communicate your skills, land a job!
In this program you will:
- Learn the skills and actively practice how to successfully interview.
- Practice live interviewing.
- Practice communicating your skills.
- Practice researching jobs and hiring managers.
- Practice engaging with hiring managers.
- Learn how to stay focused on your goal and confident through the process.
All alumni of the Job Search Intensive are invited to participate in the Job Finding Club.
Part 3: Job Finding Club
“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” ―Dale Carnegie
The Job Finding Club is a peer supported, action-oriented, structured program where all participants will put their goals into action.
The program involves showing up every day and taking actions towards your job search by directly contacting hiring employers, making connections and getting a job! The JFC is about taking direct action towards your goal. The focus of the time spent together is doing direct outreach by phone and in-person. You will be supported to achieve your goals through a facilitator and your peers.
The goal of the Job Finding Club is to land a job! Your facilitator and your peers will support you, and everyone will advance towards their goals.
If you are not comfortable talking to employers or independently cold calling, we suggest the 1-week Job Search Intensive.
Course Duration: Three weeks
Days: Monday to Friday
Time: 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Course Duration: 1.5 to 5 hours
How to Sign Up
Attend an information session to learn more about getting back to work and skills upgrading.
August 9, 2021 through to August 27, 2021
Please note that the dates and times are subject to change and/or may be postponed if the minimum number of registrations are not met.