About This Program
*Must be Unite Here Local 75 Member to participate*
*Must use PC computer or Mac computer to participate, no tablet or mobile device*
Participants that complete all 20 hours and course assignments are eligible to receive a free tablet or $200 honorarium.
*Eligibility sole discretion of HTA75*
What you can expect to learn:
- Learn how to strengthen critical thinking skills to safely navigate online shopping.
- Learn how to use YouTube to find videos on how to troubleshoot digital technology problems and other information such as how to do home repairs.
- Learn how to use Facebook
- Learn how to use email to strengthen communication skills, e.g. write formal and informal emails.
- Learn how to download and organize applications and change app settings.
- Learn how to customize and upload your resume to apply for jobs online.
- Learn strategies to strengthen your confidence in finding information online.
In order to be accepted into the training program, you must attend an information session held on Tuesdays at 10am or 1pm. We will contact you after you have registered online.
Course Duration: 2 weeks
Days: Monday to Friday
Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Session Duration: 2 Hours
Location: Online Training
How to Sign Up
Attend an information session to learn more about getting back to work and skills upgrading.
November 30, 2020 through to December 11, 2020