About the role:
Better Living Health and Community Services has an opening for the full time position of Home Maintenance Worker. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting senior clients with lawn and garden maintenance,snow and ice removal services and light home repairs.
The Successful Candidate for this Position Must Possess the Following Qualifications:
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent (Post-secondary education in environmental services is an asset)
- 3-6 months of related work experience in property maintenance, residential snow removal or in
a similar role
- A valid G-Class drivers license with a clean drivers abstract
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs and perform the physical aspects of the job
- Access to an IOS or Android data equipped smartphone
- Experience driving a pickup truck with trailer an asset
- Basic knowledge and experience with lawn maintenance, gardening, snow removal and related equipment an asset
- Current Working at Heights/Fall Protection Training Certification or willingness to complete training within 6 months of hire
- Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector Screening within one month of employment
The Successful Candidate For This Position Must Be Able To:
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be reliable, punctual and accountable to commitments
- Operate, care and properly store equipment and tools (i.e. walk behind mowers, line trimmers, back pack blowers, snow blower, pickup truck plow, hand and power tools, etc.)
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment pertinent to daily job assignments
- Conduct lawn care, gardening, yard cleanups, snow removal and light home repair services to senior clients
- Conduct service quotes and review job requirements with senior Clients
- Work in varied weather conditions (i.e. rain, snow, heat, etc.)
- Have access to safety boots and weather appropriate clothing
- Adapt to changes in daily schedules and willingness to work on an on-call basis as required
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Participate in regular team meetings and training sessions as required
- Provide services in keeping with Better Living Health and Community Services’ Mission, Vision and Beliefs and Client Declaration of Values
- Adhere to the principles and expectations outlined in the Code of Conduct
Please email or fax your cover letter and resume with attention to:
E‐mail: [email protected]
All applications will be reviewed until a candidate is found.
Please quote “Home Maintenance Worker” on the cover letter and e-mail subject line.
Better Living is an equal opportunity employer and is in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants need to make their request for accommodation known when contacted. Thank you to all who express interest in this position and we welcome all resumes. However, only those granted an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Thank you.