The Hospitality Training Action Centre 75 is a not-for profit organization that serves Unite Here Local 75 members, with a strong foothold in the hospitality sector. We are fueled by our mission to provide training, education, employment, and supportive services for people. With HTA75 you will end your day knowing that you changed lives for the better.
The Hospitality Training Action Centre Local 75 is creating an HTA 75 Ambassadors program. We are looking for members of UNITE HERE Local 75 who are interested in guiding the work we do, and in providing regular feedback for the Hospitality Training Action Centre.
About the role:
You will coordinate and collaborate with Outreach Lead.
As an Ambassador you will:
- Gain experience being a member of an advisory committee
- Learn minute-taking and reporting skills
- Become an advocate for yourself and your colleagues
- Develop leadership and networking skills
- Build confidence communicating and engaging others
At the end of the term (July 2020 – March 2021) HTA 75 will provide you with an official letter of reference as well as the opportunity to add the experience to your resume, and list us as one of your professional/employment references.
Required skills and experience:
- Have access to an email
- Have access to a device that can run Zoom meetings either online or over the phone
- Volunteer between 2-5 hours a month of your time
- Be open to working with a variety of people
- Be willing to provide input and guidance on current and upcoming initiatives that are taking place through HTA75