Job Title: Support Assistant C
Employer: City of Toronto C
Job Term: Temporary Part-Time (10 months)
Number of positions: 100+
Wage Rate: $28.64 – $31.40, TF0006, Wage Grade 6
Hours: Monday to Sunday up to 35 hours per week (may include evenings and weekends)
Submission Due Date: January 24, 2021
Submission Via: Apply online: City of Toronto Website
About the role:
The Support Assistant C will provide varied administrative/clerical support to the Toronto Public Health Mass Immunization Clinics.
Job ID: 14464
Job Category: Administrative
Division & Section: Toronto Public Health, Communicable Disease Control
Work Location: TBD (including onsite support at vaccination clinics)
Job Type & Duration: Part-Time (10 months)
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $28.64 – $31.40, TF0006, Wage Grade 6
Shift Information: Monday to Sunday up to 35 hours per week (may include evenings and weekends)
Affiliation: L79 Unit B PT
Number of Positions Open: 100+
Posting Period: 8-January-2021 to 24-January-2021
- Performs general administrative tasks to support program/management staff.
- Handles front-end reception support, processing clients for service and providing general information to the public on program services, while providing support to the team.
- Communicates and responds to e-mails, telephone and in-person inquiries from staff, the public, and external agencies.
- Drafts, proofreads, edits and formats correspondence, organize files, creates or formats reports and summaries.
- Operates office and computer equipment, including a variety of software packages, applying speed and skill. Utilizes layout, formatting and keyboarding skills using computer.
- Provides customer service support to a diverse group of clients from different backgrounds and life experiences, as well as staff and the public.
- Inputs, updates and maintains large volumes of data, carrying out data entry functions with speed and accuracy while employing verification techniques.
- Monitors, orders and maintains supplies/resource materials.
- Maintains filing and retrieval systems for records/documents.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience providing customer service and responding to inquiries.
- Experience providing clerical/administrative and office support duties.
- Experience using computers and various software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience maintaining, retrieving and disseminating information using database systems and the ability to carry out data entry functions with speed and accuracy.
You must also have:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally, and in writing, with all levels of staff and the public in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle detailed work with accuracy.
- Ability to handle many competing priorities and demands.
- Ability to deal with confidential information, handling of confidential health records and client personal health information.
- Excellent keyboarding, proof reading and data entry skills with emphasis on accuracy.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work in a high pressure, high volume team oriented environment with minimal supervision, working independently and cooperatively with other members of the staff.
- Problem solving and decision making skills, with the ability to handle and resolve situations, utilizing knowledge of polices, practices and procedures.
- Basic understanding of Public Health.
- Ability to work flexible hours onsite, which may include evenings and weekends depending on operational requirements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.