This two-week course will continue to increase your skills in the use of computer devices.
ONLINE COURSE, 2 WEEKS
Monday to Friday 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
This two-week course will help you build the confidence and skills required to navigate in an advanced way how to use a computer. Use these skills to apply for a job, or to help your children or grandchildren with their homework – Join us!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN:
- How to strengthen critical thinking skills to safely navigate online shopping
- How to create, organize and delete bookmarks for your favorite websites and YouTube videos
- How to improve writing skills for formal online communication
- How to write a cover letter for job applications
- How to create, share and edit google docs
- How to change computer settings and applications (Apps)
- How to download, organize and delete Apps
- How to organize and back up files to the cloud and external drives
- How to make an online presentation using PowerPoint and Google slides
- Other tips and tricks
DURATION: 2 Weeks
DAYS: Monday to Friday
TIME: 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
- Must be Hospitality worker
- Must be Unite Here Local 75 Member to participate*
- Must use PC computer or Mac computer to participate, no tablet or mobile device*
- Participants that complete all 20 hours and course assignments.
*Please note that the dates and times are subject to change and/or may be postponed if the minimum number of registrations are not met