Get introduced to the world of Wine with this program that follows the curriculum of Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET)
IN PERSON AND ONLINE CLASS DELIVERED THROUGH GEORGE BROWN COLLEGE
Monday Evenings 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (online)
Saturday Afternoons 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (in-person)
Get introduced to the world of Wine with this program that follows the curriculum of Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET). Ideal for hospitality workers simply pursing an interest in wine.
Complete the program by writing the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines exam. Successful candidates will receive the WSET Level 1 in Wines certificate and pin recognized across Canada.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN:
- Get a basic familiarity with main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste
- Describe wines accurately
- Make food and wine pairings
- Understand the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines exam and write the test
DURATION: 4 Weeks
DAYS: Monday Evenings or Saturday Afternoons
TIME: 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM (Online Session 1) or 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM (In-person Session 2)
DEADLINE: Apply 1 week before the start date
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
- Currently employed as a server at a restaurant, food service unit, or a hotel
- Must have proof of relevant employment
- Must be over 19 years of age
- Must be a member of UNITEHERE Local 75 (can register to both online or in-person sessions) or Local 261 (can only register to online sessions)
Please note that the dates and times are subject to change and/or may be postponed if the minimum number of registrations are not met. We will notify you of any changes.