Get introduced to the world of wine with this program that follows the curriculum of Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET)
IN-PERSON AND ONLINE CLASSES DELIVERED THROUGH GEORGE BROWN COLLEGE
Get introduced to the world of wine with this program that follows the curriculum of Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET). Ideal for hospitality workers simply pursuing an interest in wine.
Complete the program by writing the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines exam. Successful candidates will receive the WSET Level 1 in Wines certificate and pin recognized across Canada.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN:
- Get a basic familiarity with the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste
- Describe wines accurately
- Make food and wine pairings
- Understand the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines exam and write the test
DURATION: 7 hours
DAYS: Thursday (in person) or Saturday (online)
TIME: evenings (in person) or afternoons (online)
DEADLINE: Apply 2 weeks before the start date
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
- Acceptance to the program is conditional subject to assessment by our advisors. Contact us to learn more
- Must be over 19 years of age
- For participants out of Toronto, training is only available online (Session 1)
- For online sessions, HTA 75 only covers registration fees and participants will be responsible for additional fees including required class materials (estimated at $150 per person)
Please note that the dates and times are subject to change and/or may be postponed if the minimum number of registrations are not met. We will notify you of any changes.