We are looking forward to signing you up for an online Food Handler training!
ONLINE COURSE, 1 FULL DAY
9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
With this class, you can get your Food Handlers certification in just 1 day and expand your career opportunities.
You will also learn about and take the Food Handlers Certification exam. After successful completion you will be awarded a certificate from Canadian Institute of Food Safety recognized across Canada.
9:30am: Zoom Sound Check
10am -12:30pm: Food Safety Training
12:30pm – 1pm: Lunch break
1pm – 2:00pm: Food Handler Exam
2pm – 3:00pm: Extra help for those who need to review exam questions
Spots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN:
- Learn about food safety
- Know how to prevent food-borne illness
- Gain knowledge on how to prepare and serve food safely
- How to create and manage your food safety plan
- Understand the Food Handlers certification exam and write the test
- Public Health Laws in Ontario
- Different types of Contaminants and Foodborne Illness (Food Poisoning)
- Growth of Microorganisms and potentially Hazardous Foods
- Personal Hygiene
DURATION: 1 full day
TIME: 9:30 AM TO 3:00 PM (5.5 hours day)
DEADLINE: Apply 1 week before training starts
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
- You must be familiar with Zoom meetings. Please register for one of HTA75’s Introduction to Zoom training’s prior to participating, if needed.
- A Laptop, Tablet or PC with a Camera and a Speaker is required to be used for the class and exam
- Cellphones are NOT permitted
- A Valid Government ID must be presented and your registration/screen name must match
*Please note that the dates and times are subject to change and/or may be postponed if the minimum number of registrations are not met